Hi Alex,

I'm trying to get a mental picture of the overall structure, events and
when to expect to have data.
As you see, my problem with data was in item renderers. I see I have
available in set data method (overriding it).
Maybe in others components I don't have problem right now.

Another scenario I'm dealing with are beads, it seems we can do all things
in set strand method, but not in getter/setters. the next step in MDL
library, now that we have the right HTML structure created, is check that
events and changes are working right. This right now is not true in the
global set, and would be the next thing to do. For example, the click in
buttons is working, but as we see the slider was not dispatching the
valueChanged event (then Peter fixed it in HTML and as I have some time
I'll come back to MDL slider).

My current work is on InnerHTML bead and this bead is sensible to when code
is executed since it could add the html text first and then other nodes, or
the reverse. But I'll comment this in the InnerThread text better to not
mix things.

Thanks

> The Basic component set does not use any invalidation/validation.  Mostly
> that is because the underlying HTMLElements don't have the same sort of
> update/render phases like Flash.  They are what I call "immediate".
> Other, more sophisticated component sets can implement
> invalidation/validation if they want to.  The MX/Spark port POC did, for
> example.
>
> So, because your code typically doesn't have to wait for something to
> happen, I think we require fewer events.  More inline...
>
> On 12/11/16, 12:25 AM, "carlos.rov...@gmail.com on behalf of Carlos
> Rovira" <carlos.rov...@gmail.com on behalf of carlosrov...@apache.org>
> wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >I open this thread to talk about FlexJS Component Cycle and the supported
> >events.
> >we need to know what to expect about :
> >
> >* When data is available in a component
>
> Not sure what you mean here, are you referring to item renderers?  I just
> added dataChange to MXMLItemRenderer, but the other item renderer base
> classes don't dispatch an event.
>
> >* we don't have the classic methods like commitProperties,
> >updateDisplayList,...
> >* What events do we have? initComplete? creationComplete? and what
> >components have this: UIBase? MXMLItemRenderer?
>
> Some components like Container, and List dispatch initComplete.  Again,
> because there aren't invalidation phases, it isn't clear that you need
> both initialize and creationComplete events.  One event is probably good
> enough, but I could certainly be wrong, so provide more detail about your
> scenario.
>
> Yishay mentions beadsAdded.  It really just means all beads have been
> added.  There could be other work that happens afterwards before the call
> to addChild returns.
>
> HTH,

Carlos Rovira
Director General