On Jan 9, 2017 8:38 AM, "Alex Harui" <aha...@adobe.com> wrote:

In the PAYG philosophy, there are beads that are essentially write-once
(or non-dynamic), and beads that are dynamic.  In many smaller
applications, you set something and never change it.  So why carry all of
the code around for things that aren't needed.

For a write-once bead, it should hold its properties until the strand is
set, then apply the properties and it is done.

For dynamic beads, they might need to keep a host or strand property, and
have change detection and change events, and even an invalidation
subsystem if needed.  So, if you need all of that in MDL and Fontawesome,
go ahead and add it there.

Yes, this is inline with what I expected.   Is there an example of a
dynamic bead in one of our examples or components?

Thanks,
Om

My 2 cents,
-Alex