I posted this to a different email thread, but I pushed VerticalFlexLayout
and HorizontalFlexLayout. Give them a try; only the JS side is affected.

For spacing, put margins on the children of the Container. Padding on
Container is still broken; I know why, just have to decide how to address
it.

Percentage sizing for the children works, too, although the Flexbox will
override them if it feels it must. Personally, I think it does a great job
of presenting the information.