Hi,

I've finalized the changes I wanted to make to get the core of FlexJS to be
more efficient. Most of the projects seem to work now, except MDL. The
MDLExample was working for me before I undertook this last change, but now it
fails and it looks like it is failing down in some Google JS code.

I think the problem is that I changed the Container inheritance chain and MDL
classes need to be altered a bit. But I'm not sure which MDL class(es) would be
the place to start.

Could someone make a much simpler alternative to MainNavigation.mxml in the
MDLExample so I can switch to that?  I'm looking for just a couple of classes.
I can build out the example on my own until I get the failure.

I would love to merge my changes into the develop branch on Tuesday if I can
resolve this.

Thanks so much.
—peter

In case this helps, the class structure is now this (I will update the FlexJS
wiki with a real diagram):

GroupBase extends UIBase
+ Group extends GroupBase and adds MXML support

ViewBase extends GroupBase
+ View extends ViewBase and adds MXML support

ContainerBase extends GroupBase (adding in the hidden contentView for the SWF
side)
+ Container extends Container and adds MXML support

DataContainerBase extends ContainerBase (adding in data mapping)
+ DataContainer extends DataContainerBase

ListBase extends List
+ List extends ListBase

ChartBase extends ListBase
+ BarChart, ColumnChart, etc. extend ChartBase

The view beads in this chain are:

GroupView (has the layout engine in it)
+ ContainerView (has viewport/scrolling support for SWF)
++ DataContainerView extends ContainerView
+++ ListView extends DataContainerView
++++ ChartView extends ListView