On 4/23/17, 9:47 PM, "Justin Mclean" <jus...@classsoftware.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>> The patch file issue was resolved.  The externs are not derivative
>>works.
>
>How was it resolved? From what I can see there’s wasn't confirmation on
>legal discuss.

Do any other PMC members think we need to get confirmation from legal
discuss?  Seems like it would be strange to ask non-laywers if the agree
on the opinion of a practicing lawyer.

>> The MIT license changes you want to make are not "must do".  Just
>> something you want to do.  Now would be a good time to do them.
>
>They are required in order to comply with the terms of the MIT license.
>Releases need to comply with ASF policy on licensing. [1] I’ll go ahead
>and make the change(s) later today.

The changes you are making are a workaround, and the discussion on
legal-discuss did not mandate it.  The original code still won't comply
until the original community to accept changes.