On 4/25/17, 7:48 PM, "Justin Mclean" <jus...@classsoftware.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>> Justin, which file(s)  are you talking about? What is the problem and
>>what
>> is your proposed solution?
>

>The problem IMO is two fold in we’re a) not following MIT license terms
>and b) not following ASF policy re 3rd party headers
>
>For the CreateJS file IMO the solution would be re not remove the MIT
>header and add the MIT license text to our LICENSE.
>
>Alex is of the opinion nothing needs to change but may reconsider after
>reading Roy’s Fielding’s response here. [1]

Again, Adobe Legal said there is a distinction that an "externs" file is
not a derivative work, because it is a list of APIs and not really code.
So I would not be disagreeing with Justin if we were creating a derivative
work of code.  But it isn't the case here.  We are simply creating a list.
 There really isn't any code in an externs file and none of what there is
actually goes in the final output.  It simply is a list of symbols that
should not be renamed.