Hi,

> And I also took the time to remove the ASF headers from the patches which
> is what you thought was right last release apparently wasn't so.

Sorry Alex but please don’t misrepresent what I have stated on this list. I've
stated they should of had MIT headers / that the MIT license text be added. See
(for instance) my -1 vote on the last release as it was missing the required
MIT license text [1].

It generally expected that any issues with previous release are fixed before
the next release. This issue has be known about for a long time (over a year)
and was originally raised two release ago. I have offered several times to fix
this and as discussed there is a very easy fix that makes the issue at worse a
documentation issue rather than a licensing one. i.e. just add the MIT header.

I'll also note other PMC members at the time agreed to add the MIT header and
legal discuss has since confirmed that is the preferred course of action.

1.
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/013d7d58896d066bcb1f68d3e2935f5c25c83106c4a208f2e3a9c6d9@%3Cdev.flex.apache.org%3E