I just discovered something which is worth bringing up:

The default for css flex layouts is align-content: stretch This adds space
between elements if the total height (or width) of the elements are less than
the parent. I don’t think that’s an appropriate default for a tile layout. The
layout should be packed from the top left and only add space if there is
padding/margins in the itemRenderers.

I believe the correct default css is align-content: flex-start which has the
behavior that I would expect from a tile layout.

Of course, it might be interesting to have a tile layout which offers different
spacing options. That could be alternate layouts, or even beads attached to the
layout beads.

I fixed this issue in my app by just adding some align-content: flex-start css
to my TileLayout component. This works because I don’t need swf rendering, but
I think it’s something that should be addressed in the TileLayout.

Let me check…

I just (fixed and) ran ContainerTest, and the swf behavior is in fact different
than the HTML behavior. I think we can classify this as a bug. I’m committing
this change.

FWIW, there’s lots of other differences between the swf output and the JS
output in ContainerTest. It’s probably worth looking into the rest of those
issues as well…

Harbs