I've been doing work with Drag and Drop and that involves mouse events. I'm
wondering if someone could give me a history on the Apache FlexJS MouseEvent?
Specially, its use of localX/Y and screenX/Y.

I'm wondering why the platform implements do not simply assign their version of
screenX/Y as the screenX/Y values instead of the screenX/Y being getter
functions?

I've run into cases where the localX/Y == screenX/Y in the FlexJS MouseEvent
but the original event had different values.

Why would we not want the FlexJS MouseEvent to reflect the platform's mouse
event values?

SWF: flexJSMouseEvent.screenX = swfMouseEvent.stageX;
JS: flexJSMouseEvent.screenX = jsMouseEvent.pageX;

Thanks.
Peter Ent
Adobe Systems/Apache Flex Project