Ahh...I didn't understand you then. I thought it is all about click - I
thought that you do not getting "change" event which is suppose to be
reaction on click on item. If I think about it more it could confuse user:
"change" -> "click", but we are using such model in more places, that change
is a representation of more general approach.

Sometimes is "click" in the other places is selectedItem (MDL DropDownList)
etc. Do you see some component in Basic where we are using "itemClick" event
and expose it to the user ?

Thanks,
Piotr

-----