Hi Lizhi,

I don’t think this is a “bug” that will be fixed. It’s more of a limitation
which is probably not going away.

Resolving circulars so static consts (or initialized vars) can be used for
custom types is not really a solvable problem unless there is a class
initialization stage after loading all files. That will add more code and
overhead.

The compiler used to spend more cycles putting the files into an order which
resolves this circular behavior but it’s ultimately not completely solvable. I
think avoiding that coding pattern is a better solution.

Maybe Alex who worked on these changes has further comments.

If it’s important to initialize static values, I’d probably recommend an
initialization phase in your app which makes these assignments.

HTH,
Harbs