On Wed, Sep 13, 2017 at 11:30 AM, Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com.invalid>
wrote:

> I believe those who say that trying to sell Flex or FlexJS to a client is
> difficult.

Not just to a client, but also for example, co-workers or managers.

> I don't have hard data to back this, but I've always felt that there are
> two kinds of Flex customers.  One set builds their own applications and
> thus can choose their own development technologies.  Another set builds
> applications for other people and have to complete against other
> candidates wanting to build those same applications.
>
> I believe the first set have Flex apps that need to migrate to something
> else by 2020.  I'm surprised there isn't more noise on our lists, but I
> think I'm seeing an increase in interest on our lists.  IMO, these are the
> customers it will be easier for us to win over since they have an existing
> code base in ActionScript and already buy into the fundamentals of Flex.
> I think there will be enough of these customers to keep us busy polishing
> the components.

Unless these customers have never heard about FlexJS.  Or they heard about
it and assumed it was just some Flex-something that is Flash based.
Or folks have already started to move to React or Angular.  Anything that
is called Flex-something gets filtered out in discussions.

> But I think the only question we want answered before the board meeting is
> whether the project name FlexJS is going to make it hard to build a brand
> with a different name to considered against the other JS frameworks.  I
> think it won't.  Carlos and Om, I feel like you haven't answered the
> question about PROJECT name.  I don't think there is anybody saying we
> shouldn't build a different brand on a different PRODUCT name later.  Do
> you feel like the PROJECT name of FlexJS is going to be a hindrance, and
> why?

Yes, because to people not in the know, if we say we are Apache FlexJS Bend
for example, they hear Flex-something and will get confused.

Unless we market it as Apache Bend.  Is that what you mean?

Thanks,
Om