If the RC build was run on files that weren't utf-8 encoded, the build
would have failed, since the build runs checkintests and that's where it
first notices the encoding differences.  And then I would expect the
binaries in the RC would be incorrect, which it appears they aren't.

Files are being copied after Git last touches them and I think Ant might
be the culprit.  Piotr can verify by comparing the repo files against what
is in temp after the build.

-Alex