From: Olaf Krüger <okrue...@apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, June 9, 2022 02:19
To: dev@flex.apache.org
Subject: [URL Verdict: Neutral][Non-DoD Source] Re: Retiring the project

Hi,

> That document is for podlings — not for TLPs.

Thanks for the hint, maybe this is the right resource, not sure:
https://attic.apache.org/

I found this from the Apache PMC overview, see [1]:

"In summary, the only reason for a project to move to the Attic is lack of
oversight due to an insufficient number of active PMC members.
Note that going to the Attic is not necessarily a bad thing: it's merely a
reflection that there isn't currently an active community to manage the
project. It's also a clear way to set the right expectations for users of the
project's code."

However, it looks like the project is still more relevant than it seems and as
Harbs said, if we are still enough PMCs, we could leave everything as it is.

So, can we really guarantee to have at least 3 active PMC members?
Please reply if you're still commited to be an active Flex PMC member!

I didn't write any Flex/AS3 code for more than 2 or 3 years so please do not
rely on me for another couple of years ;-)

As long as we're still enough PMCs I think everything is fine.
We should add a note to the board report that the project is silent but enough
PMCs take care of if.

Thanks,
Olaf

[1]