The "flex-messaging-proxy" module relied on the commons-httpclient 3.1
library, which had CVE security vulnerabilities. To update
flex-messaging-proxy, this dependency would need to be replaced by the
newer org.apache.httpcomponents.httpclient, which has a different API (and
no migration guide from the older version). It was found that some of the
features of the proxy service exposed commons-httpclient internals that
seem to no longer exist in org.apache.httpcomponents.httpclient. This made
it very difficult to upgrade flex-messaging-proxy, so we decided to disable
it instead, so that other BlazeDS features could be updated and released to
fix other security vulnerabilities.

However, we would be open to a community contribution that upgrades
flex-messaging-proxy to use org.apache.httpcomponents.httpclient. The
original source code can be found in the blazeds-4.7.3 tag.

--
Josh Tynjala
Bowler Hat LLC <https://bowlerhat.dev>