Hi Robert,

I like your solution using Travis and Google App Engine. However, I
think there's a much simpler solution which can prevent commiters from
pushing not even compiling or test-failing code to the master in the
first place.

Commiters could simply install a git pre-push hook in their git
repository (this is merely placing a file named pre-push in
.git/hooks/). The pre-push hook would simply run "mvn clean package"
and would then fail to push to the master if maven does not report
success.

Such a precaution would save effort and time for everyone. You already
pointed out that not all eventualities are covered by the tests, so
this could be an additional measure to the Travis notifiction on the
dev mailing list.

Best regards,
Max