Hello everyone,

I am working on affinity propagation implementation for Gelly (FLINK 1707 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-1707>). The algorithm passes messages between every pair of vertices (NOT every pair of connected vertices) in each iteration with computation complexity (N²*Iter), it has a memory complexity of O(N²) also. So I believe the algorithm will suffer from large communication complexity, no matter how we distribute the graph into different machines. The simple fact is that the algorithm passing two kinds of message on a complement graph. I see some similar discussion in SPARK <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-5832>

I found an adaptive implementation on hadoop, It runs affinity appropagation on the subgraphs , then merges these clusters into larger ones. http://www.ijeee.net/uploadfile/2014/0807/20140807114023665.pdf . It is not equal to the original algorithm. So,does any one know another distributed version or have any suggestions?

ZHOU Yi