Hi Stefan,

you can use Flink to load data into HDFS.
The CSV reader is suited for reading delimiter separated text files into
the system. But you can also read data from a lot of other sources (avro,
jdbc, mongodb, hcatalog).

We don't have any utilities to make writing to HCatalog very easy, but you
can certainly write to HCatalog with Flink's Hadoop OutputFormat wrappers:
http://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-master/hadoop_compatibility.html#using-hadoop-outputformats

Here is some documentation on how to use the Hcatalog output format:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/HCatalog+InputOutput

You probably have to do something like:

HCatOutputFormat.setOutput(job, OutputJobInfo.create(dbName,
outputTableName, null));
HCatSchema s = HCatOutputFormat.getTableSchema(job);
HCatOutputFormat.setSchema(job, s);

Let me know if you need more help writing to Hcatalog.