Hi,
This was the exact need that motivated me to rework the windowing and
introduce the StreamWindow abstraction which can hold any metadata that
represents the current window.

At this moment it only contains a unique id but this could be extended
easily.

When the user created a windoweddatastream by applying some windowed
tranformation he can call .getDiscretizedStream() which will return a
stream of StreamWindows from which the user can extract any metadata
afterwards.

So this is practically something we can add already easily and no need to
rewrite any logic.

Cheers,
Gyula