Thanks for the feedback.

I think, the repository does not need to build on a single Flink
release. From my point of view, there should be a single parent module
that contains *independent modules* for each extension/library (there
should be no "cross dependencies" between the modules and each module
can specify the flink dependencies it needs by itself). This make is
most flexible. And if a library works on an old release, it might just
stay there as is. If a library changes (due to Flink changes), it might
just be contained multiple times for different Flink releases.

Each module should provide a short doc (README) that shows how to use an
integrate it with Flink. Thus, the responsibility goes to the
contributor to maintain the library. If it breaks and is not maintained
any further, we can simple remove it.

I agree, that the community might not be able to maintain those
extension/libraries right now. I would put the responsibility (more or
less completely) on the contributor and delete project that do not fix
any more.

@Vasia: a link to a library could be included in the README. If anybody
only wants to share a library but not contribute code, the parent README
could contain a list of additional links.

-Matthias