I like the idea to have a bit stricter code style which will increase code
maintainability and makes it easier for people to go through the code.
Furthermore, it will relieve us from code style comments while reviewing
PRs which can be quite cumbersome.

Personally, I like the Google code style. Thus, +1 for both points.

Just a remark: We should discuss the same for Flink's Scala style at some
point.