Hey All,

I am wondering what is the reason why Function input types are validated?

This might become an issue if the user wants to write his own TypeInfo for
a type that flink also handles natively.

Let's say I want to implement my own TupleTypeinfo that handles null
values, and I pass this typeinfo in the returns call of an operation. This
will most likely fail when the next operation validates the input although
I think it shouldn't.

But the funny thing about this is that this can actually be easily
circumvented as the validation function calls: actualType.equals(expected
type), so you can trick it by making your custom type's equal method return
true.

Thanks,
Gyula