The PR has been open for a while, Stephan, Aljoscha and Henry looked over
it and I've addressed all comments by them:
https://github.com/apache/flink/pull/1427

I would like to merge the pull request adding the "flink-annotations"
module and annotating all classes in "flink-core" soon (say, next 24-48
hours).
We can still make changes once its merged, but I would like to get this one
done and start discussing the remaining modules and merge them as well
afterwards.