Hi Flavio,

that are good questions.

1) Replacing null values by default values and simply forwarding records is
very dangerous, in my opinion.
I see two alternatives: A) we use a data type that tolerates null values.
This could be a POJO that the user has to provide or Row. The drawback of
Row is that it is untyped and not easy to handle. B) We use Tuple and add
an additional field that holds an Integer which serves as a bitset to mark
null fields. This would be a pretty low level API though. I am leaning
towards the user-provided POJO option.

2) The JDBCInputFormat is located in a dedicated Maven module. I think we
can add a dependency to that module. However, it should also be possible to
reuse the same connection of an InputFormat across InputSplits, i.e., calls
of the open() method. Wouldn't that be sufficient?

Best, Fabian