Hi,
yes, I see operators of this style as very much an internal thing. You are
probably talking about use cases for OneInputOperator and TwoInputOperator
where users have a very specific need and require access the the low-level
details such as watermarks, state and timers to get stuff done. Maybe we
could have a wrapper for these so that users can still use them but
internally we wrap them in an N-Ary Operator.

Cheers,
Aljoscha