sounds like "Observer" would fit.

On 01.06.2016 19:11, Fabian Hueske wrote:
I think calling the role maintainer is not a good idea.
The Spark community had a maintainer process which they just voted to
remove. From my understanding, a maintainer in Spark had a more active role
than the role we are currently discussing.

I would prefer to not call the role "maintainer" to make clear that the
responsibilities are different (less active) and mainly observing.

Thanks! I like the idea of renaming it.  I'm fine with shepherd and I
also like Vasia's suggestion "champion".

I would like to add "Distributed checkpoints" as a separate component
to track development for check- and savepoints.

On Wed, Jun 1, 2016 at 10:59 AM, Aljoscha Krettek <aljos...@apache.org>