Any modifications to "flink-shaded-include-yarn-tests" with respect to the
dependency inclusion/exclusion does not get reflected in the
"flink-yarn-tests" test case since the referenced packages from
"flink-shaded-include-yarn-tests" are not being used (though the pom file
establish the dependency). I am able to confirm by deleting the dependency
chain from the "flink-shaded-include-yarn-tests" and rerun the
"flink-yarn-tests" IT test cases. The reason why this works because of the
reference to the "flink-shaded-includeyarn-tests" packages from "local"
maven repository being in the classpath.

I would like to understand if this has been designed like this or is it a
bug? I am not able to succesfully include a new package (hadoop-minikdc) and
write new test cases to run "Yarn" test module. Any help is highly
appreciated.

I use below commands to run the "test" module and in case if that is
incorrect please let me know the right way to run the tests.

mvn clean package (to build the source and run unit test)
mvn clean verify -pl flink-yarn-tests -Pinclude-yarn-tests (to run Yarn
test)
I also use the filter ( -Dtest=YARNSessionFIFOITCase#testJavaAPI ) to run
specific test case.

P.S: I have also noticed the surefile plugin is not stable and sometimes it
throws some wierd issues which is very difficult to debug.

Regards
Vijay