From: Vishnu Viswanath [mailto:vishnu.viswanat...@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, July 23, 2016 3:04 AM
To: Dev
Subject: Re: [DISCUSS][FLIP-4] Enhance Window Evictor in Flink

Hi Radu,

- Yes we can remove elements from the iterator.
- Right now the EvictingWindowOperator just skips the elements from the
Iterable before passing to the window function(Yes this has to be changed
in the new API)
- Regarding how the last question on how elements are being removed from
the window buffer. I am not sure how it is working right now, but when
trying out the new API that I am working on, I did find a bug where the
evicted elements are not actually removed from the State. I have added a
fix for that.  (You can see a mail regarding that in this mail chain)

Thanks,
Vishnu