Hi Gordon,
thank you for your response.

I agree with your observation that some "staging" area is helpful to test
how many contributors / users are interested in a connector. But I wonder
if #1 or #2 can also serve as a staging area: As soon as we see that there
is a lot of interest in a connector, we add it to the main
"flink-*-connectors" directory.
Having too many ways to contribute connectors might make the discussions
for each new connector quite complicated.

You are right, the intention of the "Externalizing the Flink connectors”
discussion was more about the release intervals, test time etc.

Regards,
Robert