Hi Fabian,

Thanks for your review.

- It would be good to make the number of concurrent AsyncFunction calls
configurable. Maybe overload the unorderedWait and orderedWait methods with
an additional int parameter?

*That is right, the concurrent number is confiurable. I have updated the
FLIP to provide extra methods to do so.*

- Do you plan to also add a RichFunction variant of AsyncFunction?

*Good point. Providing a rich function version could provide more control
in asyncInvoke().*

 - Does it make sense to add a timeout thread for async calls to be able to
cancel a request?

*I think it is Async Client's reponsibility to handle timeout issue, but
not FLINK. In AsyncFunction, user can configure connection timeout while
setting up the function. AsyncWaitOperator provides a way to propogate
timeout errors from async operation.*

Thanks,
David