Hey Scott, thanks for reporting these.

Regarding the 2nd point: RC0 had an issue with the KryoSerializer
preventing users to resume from 1.1 savepoints. That was fixed at the
cost of breaking savepoint compatability between the RCs, but there is
no way around it. Flink guarantees compatability between released
versions but not for snapshots/nightly builds/RCs. You can resume from
1.1 savepoints and any 1.2 savepoint (when released).

You would have to restart from your initial state, but you can be sure
that once 1.2.0 is released your savepoints will work with future
upgrades to 1.2.1 etc.

– Ufuk

PS: If you find an issue with an voted on RC, you can also feel free
to reply to the corresponding VOTE thread.