Hello guys,

It seems that issue FLINK-1730
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-1730> significantly impacts
integration of Flink with SystemML.

They have checked several integrations, and Flink’s integration is slowest
<https://github.com/apache/incubator-systemml/pull/119#issuecomment-222059794>
:

   - MR: LinregDS: 147s (2 jobs); LinregCG w/ 6 iterations: 361s (8 jobs)
   w/ mmchain; 628s (14 jobs) w/o mmchain
   - Spark: LinregDS: 71s (3 jobs); LinregCG w/ 6 iterations: 41s (8 jobs)
   w/ mmchain; 48s (14 jobs) w/o mmchain
   - Flink: LinregDS: 212s (3 jobs); LinregCG w/ 6 iterations: 1,047s (14
   jobs) w/o mmchain

This fact is caused, as already Felix said, by two reasons:

1)      FLINK-1730 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-1730>

2)      FLINK-4175 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-4175>

As far as FLINK-1730 is not assigned to anyone we would like to take this
ticket to work (my colleges could try to implement it).

Further discussion of the topic related to FLINK-1730 I would like to
handle in appropriate ticket.