Hi Blake,
I didn’t see any mails on the user mailing list regarding this. Is it still
relevant.

From the looks of it you might be interested in the savepoints feature:
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.3/setup/savepoints.html

<https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.3/setup/savepoints.html>.

This uses the checkpointing mechanism to savepoint the state of a running job
so that the job can be canceled and later restored.

Best,
Aljoscha