Hi,
The interface is restrictive on purpose because depending on the state backend
it might not be possible to provide a List-like interface. There might be state
backends that stream in the list from somewhere else or other restrictions. If
we now allowed a more general interface here we would possibly prevent
optimisations in the future or make certain implementations very hard to to
efficiently.

Best,
Aljoscha