Thank you for all your input.

@Chesnay, in your email you are pointing to the same PR twice:
This PR fixes the compilation on Windows:  (reviewed once, most recent
changes not reviewed)
https://github.com/apache/flink/pull/3854
This PR enables a test for savepoint compatibility: (nice to have, easy to
review)
https://github.com/apache/flink/pull/3854

Also the "should define more than one task slot" thing is not important IMO.

I think the "empty path on windows" thing is not a release blocker.

These are the issues mentioned in the thread that are still open and
blockers:
- Add nested serializers to config snapshots of composite serializers:
https://github.com/apache/flink/pull/3937 has no review yet
- FLINK-6610 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-6610> WebServer
could not be created,when set the "jobmanager.web.submit.enable" to false
- FLINK-6629 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-6629> ClusterClient
cannot submit jobs to HA cluster if address not set in configuration