First of all by activating scala-2.10/2.11 profile we change two properties to
some predefined values:

                                <scala.version>2.10.6</scala.version>

<scala.binary.version>2.10</scala.binary.version>

To drop profile for that, one would have to overwrite both of those properties
simultaneously.

Secondly yes, we have different dependencies between Scala-2.10 and Scala-2.11
(flink-scala-shell and flink-scala modules).

One more thing is that once we add Kafka 0.11 connector, changing Scala profile
will also have to add/remove flink-connector-kafka-0.11 module. I’m not sure if
that could be done without profiles.

Piotrek