Thanks for leading this discussion, Stephan. I don’t disagree with anything
that has been said but am slightly concerned that the improvements in
documenting pull requests won’t translate into the git commit messages.
Acceptance of a higher standard will be swift as long as reviewers set the
example and expectation. Perhaps a new template could be trialled as opt-in for
a few weeks by several or more committers.

Greg