[mailto:ml+s1008284n19405...@n3.nabble.com]
Sent: 28 August 2017 12:36
To: Meri Ziv
Subject: Re: Sync Flink

Hi,

This is not possible out-of-box, but you could use a ProcessFunction (or rather
CoProcessFunction) to buffer elements and set a timer so that you only emit
when the watermarks advances on both inputs.

Best,
Aljoscha

> On 28. Aug 2017, at 08:10, ziv <[hidden
> email]</user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=19405&i=0>> wrote:
>
> People,
>
> I have two sources:
>
> 1) DataStream<Integer> int1 = env.addSource(new intWithDelat1()): generates
> series of integers in streaming of 1 sec delay between elemets.
>
> 2) DataStream<Long> long3 = env.addSource(new longWithDelay3()): generates
> series of longs in streaming of 3 sec delay.
>
> I want to:
>
> int1.connect(long3).flatMap(new printElemnts());
>
> I want this transformation to be synchronized so that element from source 1
> will be read only when the equivalent element from source 2 comes:
> 1
> 1
> 2
> 2
> 3
> 3
> …
>
> And not:
> 1
> 1
> 2
> 3
> 2
> 4
> 5
> …
>
> any way to do that?
>
> (advanced: why things not similar to the example in  'notions of time'
> <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiKsOocNkDA>   at 11:20?)
>
> Thanks
>

> --
> Nabble.com.

The information in this e-mail transmission contains proprietary and business
sensitive information.  Unauthorized interception of this e-mail may constitute
a violation of law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or duplication of this
communication is strictly prohibited. You are also asked to contact the sender
by reply email and immediately destroy all copies of the original message.