Hi everyone,

To aid with testing and to enable everyone to get a preview of what will likely
be the next Flink release I created an RC0. This has all the artefacts that we
would normally have for a release except a source-code tag and a PR for the
release announcement, we just don't vote. I'm quite confident that this works
well except for a bug in Flink/Kafka that Stefan (cc'ed) discovered that leads
to violating exactly-once semantics when using the new Kafka 0.11 exactly-once
producer.

Pro-tip: you can create a settings.xml file with these contents:

<settings>
 <activeProfiles>
   <activeProfile>flink-1.4.0</activeProfile>
 </activeProfiles>
 <profiles>
   <profile>
     <id>flink-1.4.0</id>
     <repositories>
       <repository>
         <id>flink-1.4.0</id>
         <url>

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheflink-1138/
         </url>
       </repository>
       <repository>
         <id>archetype</id>
         <url>

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheflink-1138/
         </url>
       </repository>
     </repositories>
   </profile>
 </profiles>
</settings>

And reference that in you maven commands via --settings path/to/settings.xml.
This is useful for creating a quickstart based on the staged release and also
for building against the staged jars.

Thanks,
Your friendly Release Manager

[1]