Hi Bowen,

Thanks for bringing this up!

Yes, I think we should definitely always test the Kinesis connector for
releases.
FYI, I think you can also add modification suggestions to the test plan so that
the release manager is aware of that.

Some of the more major Kinesis connector changes that I know of, in 1.5.0:
[FLINK-8484] Fix Kinesis consumer re-reading closed shards on restart
[FLINK-8648] Customizable shard-to-subtask assignment

There are also some other more minor changes such as adding metrics and exposing
access to some internal methods / classes for more flexibility.

As you mentioned, also taking account that we had some AWS library upgrades,
we should definitely include Kinesis connector in the test plan.

Cheers,
Gordon