/Will it be possible to submit a job graph built by 1.5.1 client (that does not contain any connectors or operators that depend on internal API) to 1.6.x job manager?/

Probably yes, but generally there's no guarantee.

The JobGraph is not a public API and thus may change in ways that could
cause serialization failures if the client and server versions do not match.