Hi jiaxl,

The paper you mentioned was published at 2017. I think it doesn't have much
reference value now.
Over time, both frameworks are constantly evolving.
At the end of May this year, Flink has supported the major feature of local
recovery in the latest release of version 1.5.
This greatly improves the speed of recovery.
Flink has not stopped the improvement of state recovery and fault
tolerance.
I think you can verify it yourself.

Thanks, vino.