Hi Till,

I think the way you proposed is a solution. But I think we also can provide
a solution to prevent Checkpoint from failing indefinitely, in case the Job
does not fail.

Instead, a threshold is given to allow the checkpoint to fail a few times.
When this threshold is reached, we decide to let the job fail.

Thanks, vino.