Hi,

I checked the following things:

* no dependencies added or changed since Flink 1.5.4
* compiling the source distribution without tests succeeds
* compiling the source distribution with tests fails (see exception
appended below). When I restart the compilation, it goes past flink-hbase
but fails later in another module.

The compilation failure might be related to my environment as the
compilation of the Flink 1.6.2 RC1 also failed due to some issue related to
logging classes.
We should check if others can compile the sources with tests.

Until we don't know what causes the issue, I vote

-1 to release this RC.

Best, Fabian

----

OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM warning: ignoring option MaxPermSize=128m; support
was removed in 8.0
Running org.apache.flink.addons.hbase.HBaseConnectorITCase
Tests run: 2, Failures: 0, Errors: 2, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.482 sec
<<< FAILURE! - in org.apache.flink.addons.hbase.HBaseConnectorITCase
org.apache.flink.addons.hbase.HBaseConnectorITCase  Time elapsed: 0.481
sec  <<< ERROR!
java.lang.ClassCastException:
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.SLF4JLocationAwareLog cannot be cast to
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger

org.apache.flink.addons.hbase.HBaseConnectorITCase  Time elapsed: 0.482
sec  <<< ERROR!
java.lang.NullPointerException

Results :

Tests in error:
org.apache.flink.addons.hbase.HBaseConnectorITCase.org.apache.flink.addons.hbase.HBaseConnectorITCase
  Run 1: HBaseConnectorITCase>HBaseTestingClusterAutostarter.setUp:152 »
ClassCast org....
  Run 2: HBaseConnectorITCase>HBaseTestingClusterAutostarter.tearDown:243 »
NullPointer