Hi Jincheng,

I was also thinking about introducing a process function for the Table API several times. This would allow to define more complex logic (custom windows, timers, etc.) embedded into a relational API with schema awareness and optimization around the black box. Of course this would mean that we diverge with Table API from SQL API, however, it would open the Table API also for more event-driven applications.

Maybe it would be possible to define timers and firing logic using Table API expressions and UDFs. Within planning this would be treated as a special Calc node.

Just some ideas that might be interesting for new use cases.

Regards,
Timo