Our LICENSE/NOTICE files in the binary distribution may also be botched (and may have been for quite some time).

As per http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#binary "|[...] LICENSE| and |NOTICE| must *exactly* represent the contents of the distribution they reside in.", which also applies to binary distributions as "/Any redistribution must obey the licensing requirements of the contents."/

My conclusion is that any dependency bundled in the distribution must be accounted for in the NOTICE/LICENSE files. Given that we already include several MIT licenses in the LICENSE file (exclusively WebUI stuff) it thus follows that at the very least all MIT dependencies should be listed here.