Hello liping,

       Thank you for proposing to optimize the backpressure detection! From our
previous experience, we think the InputBufferPoolUsageGauge and
OutputBufferPoolUsageGauge may be useful for detecting backpressure: for a list
of tasks A ---> B ----> C, if we found that the OutputBufferPoolUsage of task A
and InputBufferPoolUsage of task B is 100%, but the OutputBufferPoolUsage of
task B is less than 100%, then it should be the task B that causes the
backpressure.

      However, currently we think that the InputBufferPoolUsage and
OutputBufferPoolUsage requires some modification to be more accurate:

         1. When there are multiple inputs or outputs, the InputBufferPoolUsage
and OutputBufferPoolUsage  should show the maximum usage instead of the average
usage [1].
         2. Currently the sender side will report backlog right before
fulfilling the output Buffer. Together with the pre-allocate logic in the
receiver side, the InputBufferPoolUsage may be 100% even if the data have not
been received yet [2].

     We may need to address these problems before adopting the
InputBufferPoolUsage  and OutputBufferPoolUsage as the backpressure indicator.

     Besides, another similar thought is that we may also add new
InputBufferUsage and OutputBufferUsage metrics to show (number of queued
buffers / number of all buffers) instead.

    Best,
   Yun Gao