Hello,

let's image we do a hash join of two DataSources. For the join operation
we choose parallelism=5.

This way Flink uses 5 TaskManagerRunners to do the join job. In
particular, the DataSource tasks, EACH ARE CREATING 5 SUBPARTITIONS.
Every worker, now requests ONE SUBPARTITION from both DataSources. (eg.
worker 0 requests subpartition 0, worker 1 requests subpartition 1, ...
worker 4 requests subpartition 4)

_For the case that I'm wrong until here - please correct me._

Now - for my special Usecase - I would like worker 0 to not only request
subpartition 0 BUT ALSO REQUEST SUBPARTITION 1. (sure, I also have to
stop worker 1 requesting subpartition 1)
The problem is, that I cannot just trigger requestSubpartition() in the
InputChannel again with another index, because the channel itself has to
be created first.

Can anyone help me finding the best position to do the changes?

Thanks.

Chris