Hi everyone,

A few months ago the community discussed and agreed to improve the PR
review process [1-4].
The idea is to follow a checklist to avoid in-depth reviews on
contributions that might not be accepted for other reasons. Thereby,
reviewers and contributors do not spend their time on PRs that will not be
merged.
The checklist consists of five points:

1. The contribution is well-described.
2. There is consensus that the contribution should go into to Flink.
3. [Does not need specific attention | Needs specific attention for X | Has
attention for X by Y]
4. The architectural approach is sound.
5. Overall code quality is good.

Back then we added a review guide to the website [5] but did not put the
new process in place yet. I would like to start this now.
There is a PR [6] that adds the review checklist to the PR template.
Committers who review add PR should follow the checklist and tick and sign
off the boxes by updating the PR description. For that committers need to
be members of the ASF Github organization.

If nobody has concerns, I'll merge the PR in a few days.
Once the PR is merged, the reviews of all new PRs should follow the
checklist.

Best,
Fabian

[1]