Hi,

I am reading from Kafka and pushing it to the ES. There are basically 2
operators that we have, one to consume from Kafka and the other does the
operation on the Flink table and pushes to ES.

[image: image.png]

I am able to see the Flink Metrics : numLateRecordsDropped on my second
operator, losing some records due to late arrival. Is my understanding
right to assume these are the messages which have arrived later than my
tumbling window [my window is 5 mins with an allowed lateness of 1 min].

What are the possible causes for these ?? --- I am not seeing any lags in
my kafka consumer. The ES sink looks to work fine.
Of-course there can be a possibility of the producer producing this late.
But for that, any thing else that I could have missed on ??
Any thoughts would be appreciated !!

Regards.